May 21, 2008

Plowing before Planting

For those interested to know the progress of my social life, I shall give a brief report. On Sundays we have gone out of our natural routine and invited people over for get-to-know-you games and for treats after ward prayer (on Sunday night in many BYU wards, the ward, which all lives within a block or two, gets together to sing a hymn, have a spiritual thought, make announcements, and get to know each other by introducing an apartment and then just talking). We were assigned to get to know some apartments this week, particular apartments. So, Jamie, one of my roommates, went to go visit our assignments. On our last assigned stop we found the three girls home. We had a good talk with the three of them that lasted about 1 1/2 hours. It was pretty fun. We laughed and seemed to get along. A funny point: on Sunday in Sunday school I came in and there were two girls sitting to the edge of a row leaving two open seats. I asked if I could have the seat nearest them and they said okay. So, I talked to them both, and it was interesting that one was from Round Rock (Austin). Well, she didn't really seem to me to want to talk to me on Sunday, so I didn't invite her for games or anything. Well, upon visiting her apartment I wasn't quite sure she was herself (no glasses and different hair-do) but once all three were there, I knew it was. Well, we were getting to know each other and she asked where I was from. Obviously she didn't remember who I was or didn't remember our comments about Austin and me knowing boys from her ward. Well, I responded to her question by saying, Well, I know you're from Austin. Then all clicked and she recognized me as the boy who sat by her at church. So, maybe I'll go running with her or something. Who knows. But, all the girls there were very nice, one was engaged. I enjoyed asking them about their dating lives and experiences (the two are just plain single) so it was fun to ask a few sort of awkward questions. We left on good terms. Well, I'll be getting up early tomorrow for another day of fun and learning and work and homework, and physics test and chemistry lab write-ups.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry, I didn't tie in the title. I left out four-square at FHE and the water fight after FHE and my other "plowing" activities of getting to know people before you plant anything by way of dating. I hope the title now makes a little more sense.

Melissa said...

Dallan...it made sense even before you explanation.

EGP said...

Good work Ronald.